This is the recipe for the Herb Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken w/Angel Hair Pasta.
3 oz herb goat cheese
7 sundried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups whole milk
1 tsp garlic salt
6 tsp cornstarch
1 TBSP canola oil
2 TBSP snipped chives
3/4 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to package
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, blend goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of the chopped tomatoes. Place chicken breast on a cutting board. Make a slit about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep in the thickest part, forming a pocket. Fill each breast with about 1 TBSP of the goat cheese mixture.
3. In a large oven-proof stainless skillet, heat oil over medium-heat. Place chicken, skinned-side down, in a skillet and cook for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and transfer to oven. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
4. Combine milk, garlic salt, cornstarch and remaining 3 TBSP chopped tomatoes. Whisk in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, until thickened, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the chives.
5. Serve the chicken with the sauce and angel hair pasta. Accompany with green beans, if desired.
Per serving: 497 calories; 12g fat; 46g protein; 50g carbs; 3g fiber; 366mg sodium; 97mg cholesterol